Mr. Alavi formed Alavi Law Group in 2008 where he focuses his practice in the areas of Bankruptcy and Personal Injury. Prior to forming Alavi Law Group, he worked with various firms in the Washington, D.C. Area where he assisted the litigation department in preparation for trial. He is active with both the District of Columbia Bar and the American Bar Association.
Mr. Alavi grew up in Falls Church and attended George C. Marshall High School. Mr. Alavi then attended George Mason University where he majored in Decision Sciences and Management Information Systems receiving his degree with honors. He attended Thomas M. Cooley Law School where he received his Doctor of Jurisprudence cum laude. At Cooley, he received numerous scholarships and graduated top ten percent of his class. While at Cooley, he volunteered at an Elder law Clinic where he helped prepare legal documents for many who could not afford legal representation.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D., Cum Laude
- George Mason University, B.S.
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia